The Food Factory is a production facility spread over 21,000 sqm.
Total investment for building and equipment originally amounted to 35 million Euro but the company is investing in a factory extension of 6,000 sqm with an additional 15 million Euro investment.
The building is designed and constructed to be a green building using natural ventilation systems to maintain temperatures, photovoltaic panels to generate electric power and new technologies to save on and preserve energy.
Currently working towards the achievement of international certification.
The Food Factory brings together different food production operations all working together and at the same time independent from one another.
- Healthcare catering production unit
- An independent industrial kitchen for non-healthcare food production and products
- Pastry and bakery for the production of confectionery, bakery and sweet items
- High volume production area for the production of pastry items, filled pasta and ready made meals
- In addition to its food production operations, it also runs an academy earmarked to become an international centre of excellence in gastronomy and a research and development facility, including both a production laboratory and an R&D facility
Transparency – to keep promises with both clients and suppliers, establish honest and transparent relationships built on mutual trust, together with prices that suit customer needs.
TeamWork – to ensure the correct and adequate competences of the employees, to encourage the development of strong personal relations between staff members, suppliers and customers.
- Sustainable From Inception – Energy Globe Awards – 2022
- Waste Separation & Recycling Management Award – 2022
- Energy and Water Sustainability award 2021
- Sustainable Enterprise Award – 2019
- The Conservation Award for Sustainable Development – 2017
- The Conservation Award for Sustainable Development – 2015