The Food Factory is the natural development of the original James Caterers Ltd business, the brainchild of James Barbara, the man behind the vision. It has a proven track record of success stories since its inception in 1989.
James went on to transform a one-man catering business from where he produced and distributed his own delicacies from home, later flourishing into one of the largest and most renowned catering companies on the island. He strives for excellence, promotes innovation, consistency and efficiency, and is committed to using the finest ingredients and delivering good value for money. Such selective ingredients coupled with forethought, the right dosage of creativity and a touch of class have given the company a name that clients can trust.
Today, the company has set a standard of excellence and creativity that has significantly attracted awareness in Maltese gastronomic culture abroad. This versatility has throughout the years acquired James Caterers Ltd an invaluable experience, thus giving the company an advantage from where it can look ahead to a bright and prosperous future, both locally and overseas. The group continuously, adjust its business to meet the clients varying diets, tastes and culinary desires. Together with a team of professional specialists, the company guarantees the highest industrial catering standards and all related services.
James Caterers Ltd is the owner of the brand The Food Factory and operates the production facility. His vision is a commitment to continuous growth and improvement designed to meet the requirements of any customer.
- The Group employs more than 3,000 employees across the different businesses.
- Modern and stat-of-the-art development and manufacturing facilities.
- Focus is placed on the manufacturing of high-quality products through state of the art equipment and optimised production processes.
- Operating within the B2B sphere with its main clients being large retailers, distributors, catering companies, healthcare facilities, geriatric institutions, operators of hotels, catering establishments and contract caterers to mention a few.
- It is also the operator of the outside catering private labelling business.